The village of Hofsós, one of northern Iceland’s oldest trading ports, dating back to the 16th century and a trading post for the Danish Trade Monopoly. The America of Icelanders that reached its peak at the start of the 19th century. The Drangey Exhibition is in Pakkhús, the Hofsós warehouse built in 1777, during the time of the trading monopoly. Massacre hill farm (Mannskaðaholl) at the south end of Lake Höfðavatn, is named for the massacre of English marauders, which took place there in 1431. Other services offered are accommodation in guesthouses, a restaurant, coffee-house, and a camping site. There are also pleasant walks along the shore with good examples of hexagonal basalt columns. Thorðarhöfði headland rises like an island some distance from the main shore. It is connected to land by low sandpits impounding a considerable lake with rich bird life and good trout fishing.