Arctic Grímsey Ferry Day Tour
The Arctic Grimsey Ferry Day Tour is a day tour from Dalvik harbor (30 min drive from Akureyri) where you’ll take the ferry Sæfari to Grimsey Island where you’ll meet the guides at Arctic Trip, who are local guides from Grímsey.
The ferry ride is an excitement in itself, very often dolphins, humpback whales and even blue whales are spotted and even swim with the boat. When you arrive we will show you around our island both on foot and by bus, depending on weather. The climate can be different from what you can expect on the mainland. You’ll get to know the history of Grimsey village and its inhabitants, cross the arctic circle and if weather and conditions allow – catch a puffin and take a selfie with him! Light refreshments are included.
The ferry to Grímsey leaves from Dalvík at 9:00. You will arrive at the island at 12:00. The tour starts at 12:30 and lasts till 15:00. You’ll have time to look around on your own after the tour before the ferry departs at 17:00. The ferry then arrives in Dalvík again at 20:00 in the evening. There’s free parking space in Dalvík harbor for your car.
– Ferry entry from Dalvík at 9:00-12:00 and back from Grímsey at 17:00 – 20:00
– A guided tour in Grímsey Island
– Cross the Arctic Circle and get a unique certificate
– Capture the flag – Hitchcock style (May & June)
– Puffin selfie, depending on weather and other natural conditions, (in July & early August we don’t want to disturb the puffin while laying eggs and raising youngs)
– Light refreshments
Good shoes, a warm sweater, a hat/beanie, a camera, your good mood ? !
Book the Arctic Grímsey Ferry Day Tour here:
Tour provider: Arctic Trip
Note: Ferry from Dalvík leaves port at 9am, please arrive 30 min before departure.